A unique aspect of the Jewish Women’s Foundation of New York is the opportunity to sit on deliberative grantmaking committees. Not only do you get to have your voice heard, but you also learn about intentional philanthropy and best practices in grantmaking. Leveraging your dollars with other women is a way to bring about the social change you desire. Other committee opportunities include occasions for members to bring their expertise, learn a skill and/or help guide the direction of JWFNY.
Donors of $2,500 or more per year ($1,200 for donors under 40) may serve as voting members on committees. Join us and make your gift today which enables us to expand our reach and grow our impact. Please continue a rich history of hands-on decision-making at the Foundation by signing up to participate. We grant well more than what is collected through committee membership. If you are in the position to give more, please do.
The ongoing support of active committee participants is an integral part of JWFNY. Your leadership as decision-makers on committees is greatly appreciated.
This committee works to plan and execute fundraising, outreach, marketing, and public relations efforts. Members are responsible for identifying strategies, membership and donor prospects, and planning fundraising events. 2017-2018 meeting dates:
- Meeting dates TBD
Education, Advocacy, & Outreach Committee
This committee is in charge of the planning and follow-up for public symposia. The topics of the symposia will be determined by the Committee and will be related to our grantmaking themes. Event follow-up will include further supporting the topics that we present at the events. 2017-2018 meeting dates:
- Tuesday, September 26, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 28, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Thursday, April 19, 1:00 – 3:00 pm
This committee meets quarterly to review financial statements, investment reports, and oversee the budget. 2017-2018 meeting dates:
- Thursday, September 7, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Thursday, November 9, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 15, 12:00 – 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 25, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, June 12, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
JWFNY grants focus on our core funding areas including economic security, leadership advancement, health and well-being, and social-entrepreneurship. Members review proposals, interview potential grantees, and make grant recommendations to the Board of Directors.
This committee allocates programmatic support to organizations in Israel that focus on our core funding areas. No previous knowledge or travel to Israel required. 2017-2018 meeting dates:
- Tuesday, September 19, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 19, 10:00 am – 12:30 pm (Facilitating Team)
- Thursday, February 8, 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 14, 9:00 – 11:00 am*
- Thursday, March 15, 9:00 – 11:00 am
*We hope you will join us in Israel with the Jewish Women’s Funding Network March 1-8, 2018. We are hoping to be able to conduct our Israel grant interviews in person if possible, but please hold March 14 and 15 in case we are not able to do so.
New York Grants
This committee allocates programmatic support to organizations in New York and the metropolitan area that focus on our core funding areas. 2017-2018 meeting dates:
- Tuesday, November 7, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, January 23, 10:00 am – 12:30 pm (Facilitating Team)
- Tuesday, April 10, 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Tuesday, May 8, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 9, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Renewal Grants offers an opportunity for JWFNY to offer renewal and repeat funding to New York Metropolitan grantee partners. This committee will allocate program and general operating support. It is asked that those who sign up for this committee have participated on the New York Metropolitan Grants Committee for at least the two previous years. 2017-2018 meeting dates:
- Tuesday, April 10, 12:30 – 2:30 pm
This committee allocates smaller-sized grants to New York-based start-up organizations with operating budgets under $500,000 that have been in existence for 1-7 years. Grants are for general operating, capacity building or programmatic support. 2017-2018 meeting dates:
- Monday, February 26, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Thursday, April 19, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 23, 9:00 – 11:00 am
- Thursday, May 24, 9:00 – 11:00 am
This committee explores best practices in grantmaking and makes improvements to our process, management and impact evaluation. 2017-2018 meeting dates:
- Meeting dates TBD