Position: Administrative & Financial Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Date: February 2017
The Jewish Women’s Foundation of New York (JWFNY) imagines a world in which all women and girls in the Jewish community are ensured a healthy and supportive environment — a world in which we all have equal opportunity for economic, religious, social, and political achievement. JWFNY works to make this world a reality through strategic grants to programs that benefit women and girls in the Jewish community in New York, in Israel, and beyond. We fund innovative programs that address the unmet needs of women and girls, provide education on vital issues and advocacy efforts, and encourage our members to view all philanthropic efforts through a gender lens.
JWFNY has an exciting opportunity for an individual to support the comprehensive administrative and finance/development-related activities of this small organization focused on social change. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Administrative & Finance Assistant is responsible for:
Financial Support (25%):
- Provide staff support to the Foundation’s Treasurer and Finance Committee
- Manage accounts receivable, including processing pledges and payments, preparing bank deposits, reconciling bank and investment statements and issuing acknowledgment letters
- Manage accounts payable, including paying invoices and preparing grant payments
- Produce periodic reports including status of income, cash and expenditures
- Serve as liaison to JWFNY accountants and external auditors
- Maintain all financial records including pledges, payments, investment information, operating budget, and all related Foundation files
Development Support (25%):
- Maintain eTapestry donor database
- Prepare member billing statements
- Research and create profiles for prospective individual supporters
- Coordinate campaigns
Administrative Support (50%):
- Provide administrative support to JWFNY staff including (but not limited to) correspondence, event and meeting coordination, tracking office supplies, coordinating mailings, maintaining website, etc.
- Manage regular communication with members, committees, and donors
- Respond to inquiries by phone, mail, and e-mail
- Support grant process and provide program logistical support
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong database management skills (proficiency with Excel and QuickBooks needed, knowledge of e-Tapestry a plus)
- Ability to work some evenings and occasional weekends
- Relevant work experience – administrative and financial – required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
JWFNY is open to non-traditional hiring and is an equal opportunity employer that provides competitive salaries and benefits.
To apply, email Amanda Badean at BadeanA@ujafedny.org.